Tuesday, 26 October 2010

avoiding my paper?

so i am working on my capstone and i cannot focus. me and kirstin did a 10 minute workout from one of those cheesy workout videos. this one is a 10 minute trainer one. it has total body, abs, cardio, upper body and lower body. all are 10 minutes. we did the abs and cardio one today. i can already feel my muscles hating me for it, in particular, my right leg. i hate knowing that it is weaker than my other leg, and i cannot help by favor it still after all these year, it is really annoying and semi embarrassing. but i never really thought highly of these videos, but let me tell you something- i worked up a sweat and was really exhausted after the cardio one. it really reminded me of the stations we used to complete in field hockey pre seasons. oh i would do anything for a pre season practice right now. i loved the feeling of accomplishment after them, crazy i know because at the time i absolutely hated them, but it is alright because i know how good they were for me now.

i am getting my stuff signed tomorrow for graduation. crazy to think that it is finally time for me to be a grown up, whatever that is. i just have to get my papers signed by my advisor and the chair of the history department. then just work hard to get above a C in all my classes, which should not be this hard, right? right. my application for cityyyear is due november 15 and i need to finish that up this weekend. i am rather excited to just get the interview process over and to find out whether or not i will be moving to new orleans in the summer.

i really miss summer. i have been so busy lately, but last night i was laying in bed before kirstin got into bed and closed the blinds and the moon was shining through the window and it made me miss the moon and stars in the summer. georgia messaged me today saying she missed me and summer and traveling with me, which made me smile. she told me she missed me and aunt d and cliffs. oh, i clearly taught her all the good of nj :) she is in italy right now, which makes me so jealous because i am in silly virginia working on a silly paper. oh well...

ok going to get some dinner and then back to working on this paper. i only have 5 pages to do, but i am not sure whether i am going to do the intro and focus on the womens royal naval service first or whether i am going to give a brief description//summary on the rest of the paper....we will see. after that it will only be 15-20 pages to go! haha. oh college, you kill me...

here is me and mary playing with my computer, this is my favorite :)



the dixie chicks always seem to know just what i am feeling... this song just came on and i forgot how much i loved it. and how perfect it is to me right now..
But I'm looking forward to the sun
You have to feel the pain
When you lose the love you gave someone
I thought by now that time
Would take away these lonely tears
I hope you're doing fine all alone
But where do I go from here

Cause without you I'm not okay
And without you I've lost my way
My heart's stuck in second place, ooh
Without you

Well, I never thought I'd be
Lying here without you by my side
It seems unreal to me
That the life you promised was a lie
You made it look so easy
Making love into memories
I guess you got what you wanted
But what about me

Cause without you I'm not okay
And without you I've lost my way

My heart's stuck in second place, ooh
Without you

Somebody tell my head to try to tell my heart
That I'm better off without you

Cause baby, I can't live

Without you I'm not okay
And without you I've lost my way
My heart's stuck in second place, ooh
Without you
Without you

No comments: