Monday, 21 January 2008

almost over.

So-where do I start.? Things have been so crazy lately! I can’t believe I have been here for two weeks now. It is definitely starting to hit me that I am going to be here for 5 months, which is just crazy. So this week has been super busy as well, but a bit more relaxed at the same time.
We had class on Monday and Thursday, which was nice because it was the only thing we had to do, and it was 2-5. I really enjoy class and am kinda upset that it is over! Tuesday we went to St. Paul ’s Cathedral, which was gorgeous. We had a tour, and got to walk up millions of stairs to go to the top-where you had a 360 degree view of the city-was gorgeous! But my camera died halfway up to the top. Wednesday we went to the Imperial War Museum , which was phenomenal. I usually am not very interested in Museums, but I’ve never seen anything so detailed in my life. We went there at 2, and there are I think 4 floors, well, me and a girl in my class Melaney, got to the whole 1st floor, which was WWI and WWII and then we went to the Holocaust Exhibit, and then we got kicked out cause they were closing. I wish I could spend more time there, but we are leaving so soon, and we still have so much to do.
Thursday I got to see Yorkie and Sunny [they have worked at camp for a while and both live in London ] and was so good to see them. It is really nice having people I know around. Makes it a much easier transition I think. But then it kinda makes me miss home a little.
This is our last few days, we leave for Swansea Thursday at noon, and I am excited! We have our paper due Wednesday, and an exam Wednesday as well, which shouldn’t be that bad. Today we went to Brick Lane , and went to a nice Indian Restaurant with our class and teacher. Was ok we got about everything you could get, didn’t really like it a lot, not a fan of the spicy food. Oh well. We also went on the London Eye, which was awesome! I loved it so much! Was a little scary about being so high, I don’t like heights very much..haha but the view was so good, aside from when it started to pour so we couldn’t take good pictures! Tomorrow we are going to the British Museum or something? I am not too sure. and then we are done with everything, aside from our Final and Paper.
I am so excited about getting to Swansea , I absolutely love London , but I am not a big fan of living in a city, but I really am ready to get to know people from around the area, and to start taking classes, as dorky as that sounds! Plus, I am excited for things to start to be less expensive, because I feel like it is getting ridiculous!
So over Easter Break, which is from March 13th-April 14th I think, I am hopefully traveling loads! Am going to Greece with my sister the last week of the trip, and am SO excited to go there! I am hopefully traveling with my school to Paris and Amsterdam , but I am not sure yet. And then I really want to go to Barcelona , and I am sure I will be visiting Ireland to see Erin soon, but I really am not sure yet!me and lukasthe London Eyea heart on the side of a building. i loved this...me and melaney being tarts.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

i love the picture of the heart on the building.. :) just keep breathing, i think you'll get used to the fact that you're on this adventure for 5 months. don't worry, nothing much will change while you're gone from the US, and when you get back you're just going to have a great experience under your belt, plus a lot of really fabulous memories! keep smiling kelly, and drink a legal beer for me :D