Wednesday, 1 June 2011

june already?

Happy June everyone!

Where to even being on this ridiculous life I am leading…
Well, I am finally back in nj after a crazy and unforgettable 3 months in Bama! I have loved every single minute of it, including the moments when all I wanted to do was crawl into a ball and cry. But it all evened out and legitimately the last 3 weeks were probably my favorite. I made friends I know I will have for a while and I am beyond excited about going back down there in September for the fall semester :] what else…oh- I finally got my car back from the shop, only $900 later… but while I was down in Virginia I got into an accident with myself and a ditch when I was trying to avoid hitting an animal. COOL. And my car pretty much doesn’t work. It is currently in Virginia and I am in nj. I had to rent a car to get home and if you couldn’t already guess, my father did not handle this well…and by not handling it well I mean, he told me to find my own way home because he was not coming to get me and he wasn’t going to let my mom come get me. Super. So I handled it and got home. But now I will have to drive back to va and get my car when it is done being fixed. SUPER.
I am so excited for camp this summer. I need to be in the only place where I feel like I belong. I need it. And I like to think it needs me, but I will be realistic and know that it doesn’t need me the way I need it. Haha. Anyways, I am the head ul this summer…I am not entirely positive what I am doing in terms of being more adminny BUT regardless of that, I am beyond excited!
So I really thought that I was ok after the whole tornado thing. Like I was impressed at how I was handling everything….turns out that I really just didn’t think about it at work because I really didn’t have the time to deal with it, so of course what happens after I get home? Well, there is a thunderstorm where we have a severe storm warning or whatever, and turns into a tornado warning and the power goes out and during all of this I just lost it. It wasn’t even just you know being scared or anything, it was legitimately not being able to breathe and just tears streaming down my face and it was probably one of the worst things ever. I thought I was going to die. Especially when the power went out. So clearly I had no time to really deal with it/ this was the first and second storms I have encountered since the tornadoes and it just was really hard to deal with. I hope it was a two time deal and that it stops because I cant deal with that this summer.
well, now i need to go make an appointment to get my hair back to the right color aka blonde with a little bit of maybe some reddish highlights? hmm we will see... and to go call and see about my car. fingers crossed that everything works out well....

1 comment:

heather said...

i hope you get your car figured out! but i'm sure it won't matter as much when you're back at camp and it's awesome.

i hope you're feeling better about the storms, i can't even imagine what you went through, and i think you're having a totally normal response.

yay head ul! :)